Blanco State Park Bridge
Blanco State Park, Blanco, Texas
This stone-arch bridge, built in 1934 over a Blanco River tributary, is typical of the facilities built at the park by 200 workers from a camp of the Depression-era Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC). A New Deal program, the CCC resembled the military: Corpsmen lived in barracks and wore uniforms, and received three meals a day and a salary of $30 a month.
© 2003 Historic Bridge Foundation. Photograph by Billy Moore, LCRA.